No risk of losing real money, since the wagering limits are drastic – you cannot bet.
Allows you to drastically increase your knowledge of roulette, or various online casino games.
You can still rate the casino you are at, including customer service, which needs to sort out user issues.
In some casinos, you can receive bonuses even while playing free, so you can see what they look like, among other things.
You have a better chance of winning real money, which is the ultimate goal of online casino players.
You can experience the thrill of gambling in real casinos, playing your own money.
You can take advantage of the bonuses offered by the casino, which are often advantageous.
This allows you to test the different payment options, with withdrawal and deposit.
The varieties of online roulette
Roulette accommodates many variations within it. The game is diverse and has had influences that have turned into different variations. You may prefer a variant among all available. To make your choice, if you do not know them, here are the main variations of roulette:
- European Roulette: This is the most common variant of roulette that you will find online and in many land-based casinos across Europe. This variation has a single zero, which gives an advantage of 2.7%, which is considerably lower than the American game.
- American Roulette: This version of the game has an extra square on the wheel, 00, but the payouts remain the same, which increases the house edge to 5.26%, which is very high. In fact, we do not advise you to favor it, if you have the choice.
- French roulette: the French game is the most advantageous and offers big odds. It also has a 0. But all losing bets on even odds pay off half of the stake. Therefore, if you bet $ 10 on a red and the 0 comes out, you get $ 5 back. While it’s not a win, it’s certainly a great consolation and better than a loss.
However, behind these behemoths, there are lesser-known variations in live play. Here they are:
- English roulette: it has the same rules as the French one, but used in a different way: a limited number of players, a player has an assigned color, etc.
- German roulette: a mixture of French and English roulette, German has chips with face values, even if players have the option of requesting that they are differentiated.
- Mini-Roulette: A miniature version of roulette, developed by online casinos, with only 13 slots on the wheel: 6 red, 6 black, and a 0. Payouts have been reduced accordingly.
- Double Ball Roulette: As the name suggests, this version includes two balls for one wheel, so, twice the chances of winning.
- Multi-wheel roulette: In this version, there is more than one wheel, but the number is not fixed, there are many types. You are betting here on each of the wheels: if there are three, and you place 1 euro on a red one, you are actually placing 3 euros. It’s a complex, spendthrift version, which multiplies your losses and gains – but you’ll earn less than you lose.
The rules of casino roulette
In the game, players can choose to place bets on a single number, different groupings of numbers, the colors red or black, whether the number is odd or even, or on a high (19-36) or low (1 –18).
The dealer spins the wheel in one direction and then throws a ball in the opposite direction around an inclined circular track spinning around the outer edge of the wheel. The ball eventually loses momentum and falls onto the wheel in one of the 37 coloreds and numbered squares of the roulette wheel. The winnings are then paid out to anyone who has placed a successful bet. Here, the major tools of real money online roulette:
- The ball: it is sent to the wheel, and it designates the winning number, the one on which to bet.
- Tokens: they represent real money. Tokens are used to bet during a game.
- The wheel: a wheel consists of 37 pockets, each with its own number. The numbers range from 1 to 36, including 0 (and for the American roulette 00). The numbers alternate between black and red. 0 and 00 are green. A croupier spins the wheel in one direction and then rolls a small ball in the other. It then falls into one of the slots as he begins to slow down.
- The table: The table is designed with the numbers, excluding 0 and 00, which are aligned in three columns, each of twelve numbers. The rest of the table is devoted to the countless bets that the game involves. Bets are divided into two main categories, inside bets, and outside bets.
Finally, if you want to know the types of bets in this table game, refer to the table.
|Bet name||Winning spaces||Payout||Odds against winning|
|0||0||35 to 1||36 to 1 (French)|
|00||00||35 to 1||37 to 1 (American)|
|Straight up||Any single number||35 to 1||36 to 1|
|Row||0, 00||17 to 1|
|Split||any two adjoining numbers vertical or horizontal||17 to 1||17 1⁄2 to 1|
|Street||any three numbers horizontal (1, 2, 3 or 4, 5, 6, etc.)||11 to 1||11 1⁄3 to 1|
|Corner||any four adjoining numbers in a block (1, 2, 4, 5 or 17, 18, 20, 21, etc.)||8 to 1||8 1⁄4 to 1|
|Topline or Basket (US)||0, 00, 1, 2, 3||6 to 1|
|Topline or Basket (European)||0, 1, 2, 3||8 to 1||8 1⁄4 to 1|
|Six line||any six numbers from two horizontal rows (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 or 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 etc.)||5 to 1||5 1⁄6 to 1|
|1st column||1, 4, 7, 10, 13, 16, 19, 22, 25, 28, 31, 34||2 to 1||2 1⁄12 to 1|
|2nd column||2, 5, 8, 11, 14, 17, 20, 23, 26, 29, 32, 35||2 to 1||2 1⁄12 to 1|
|3rd column||3, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18, 21, 24, 27, 30, 33, 36||2 to 1||2 1⁄12 to 1|
|1st dozen||1 through 12||2 to 1||2 1⁄12 to 1|
|2nd dozen||13 through 24||2 to 1||2 1⁄12 to 1|
|3rd dozen||25 through 36||2 to 1||2 1⁄12 to 1|
|Odd||1, 3, 5, …, 35||1 to 1||1 1⁄18 to 1|
|Even||2, 4, 6, …, 36||1 to 1||1 1⁄18 to 1|
|Red||1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 12,
14, 16, 18, 19, 21, 23,
25, 27, 30, 32, 34, 36
|1 to 1||1 1⁄18 to 1|
|Black||2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 11,
13, 15, 17, 20, 22, 24,
26, 28, 29, 31, 33, 35
|1 to 1||1 1⁄18 to 1|
|1 to 18||1, 2, 3, …, 18||1 to 1||1 1⁄18 to 1|
|19 to 36||19, 20, 21, …, 36||1 to 1||1 1⁄18 to 1|
The systems and strategies of the game of roulette
No strategy or system is sure to win you over at roulette games. However, that obviously doesn’t mean that you can’t adopt various strategies to play this game the best. We will describe some of them for you here:
- Martingale: here you have to double your bets after a loss, in the hope of recovering all previous losses and making a small profit. In other words, if you place your bets on one color and keep doubling them until you win, you get your losses back. Provided that you keep doubling the losing bets.
- Fibonacci: this strategy consists of betting by adding the last two bets. With this method, you can come away with a profit even if you lost more games than you won.
- D’Alembert: This simple method is done by increasing and decreasing bets by one unit, which is much safer than doubling. Place a small starting bet on black or red; even or odd, or 1-18 or 19-36. Increase your stake by one unit after a defeat and decrease it identically after a victory. When you have an equal number of wins and losses, collect your wins and go.
- James Bond roulette strategy: Discover the strategy developed by Ian Fleming for his famous character, James Bond. According to the writer, his method is “foolproof” and can earn you the “price of a good dinner” if you use it every night. However, it requires at least 200 euros. You need to place 140 euros on the high numbers (19-36), then 50 euros on the numbers 13 to 18, and finally 10 euros on 0, for insurance.
Why play American roulette if you have a better chance of winning European roulette?
The only difference between the two is the order of the numbers, and the American has an additional option, the 00. However, the payouts are exactly the same. In fact, the advantage of playing American roulette is actually based on the odds of winning: European roulette has more. However, American is also suitable.
I am offered to buy software to win roulette online. Should I accept and try this for online roulette?
No. If you are offered this, it is a scam. The software cannot be guaranteed to win at a casino game. You are more likely to win consistently if you learn to play on your own, by being patient and using good strategies, rather than using spurious software.
I think I have an addiction to roulette and casino games in general, what should I do?
If you reach out to the right people to help you get out of this roulette spiral, everything will be fine. So, if you think you are suffering from a gambling addiction, go to this site, and speak to the professionals about your problem.
Basic Roulette Rules: Learn and Play
Roulette is a game of chance, one of the most popular casino games, whether online or in physical casinos. Even if it is a game of luck, which can be played without special skills, it is still necessary to know how a game works:
- One or more players take a seat at a roulette table with a dealer.
- They all play with chips of a different color, and designate a value for their chips, respecting the casino’s minimums and maximums.
- Each player places his bet (or his bets) on the table, or the carpet, choosing a number, or different possibilities (red/black, even / odd, a spectrum of numbers, etc.)
- The croupier throws the ball into the roulette wheel.
- When the ball lands in a pocket, the croupier announces the number and the winning combinations.
- The croupier collects the losing chips.
- The croupier pays the winners, generally in ascending order, according to the values of the bets.
- The game is over, and a new game can begin.
So now, you know the basic rules of this fun and easy game, and how to play. We are going to give you more betting details below, so you can start playing roulette, whether in a physical casino or online.
Chips in a game of Roulette
In a roulette game, there are often several players at the same table, so often casinos have specific chips for that game, which have different colors that do not indicate the value of the chip, but which allows each player to have its own color. This avoids confusion over who bet on which number and makes it easier for the dealer to make payments.
You should still give a value to the chips, so the value with which you want to bet, which you must announce to the croupier for a game. For example, you want to put a value of $ 1 for each chip, at that point to bet $ 3 on a particular spin, just put $ 3 on the desired square on the table.
Be aware, however, that casinos often have minimum and maximum values, or nominal values.
Bets in a game of Roulette
There are many ways to bet and win at roulette. On the roulette wheel, and therefore on the mat to place the bets, there are numbers ranging from 1 to 36 in black and red, and a 0 in green. (A variant of roulette is American roulette, where in addition to these numbers there is also a 00). If there is only one 0 it is European roulette, or English roulette, which has only 36 digits + a 0.
For each game (or spin of the wheel), there are several possibilities of bets to be placed, and the winning for each type of bet is settled, according to the probabilities, and always with a small advantage for the house.
We will look in detail at the different bets possible in a game of roulette:
Inside bets allow you to win larger sums, but they are more difficult to achieve. The names of the different bets below relate to how you place the chips on the mat to show your bet visually. We list the different inside bets below, with the associated winnings:
- straight up – you place your chip on a single number on the mat, right in the middle of the square that contains the number. You can bet on the numbers 1 to 36, and also on the full 0. If this number comes out, the payout is 35X the stake.
- split – this involves betting that 1 of 2 chosen numbers will come out. It is advisable to place your chip(s) straddling 2 neighboring numbers on the mat. If one of the numbers comes up, the payout is 17 times the stake.
- Street (or you will also hear ‘trio’) – on the roulette table, the numbers are arranged in lines, here it is a question of betting on a line which covers 3 numbers. The payout is 11 x the stake.
- corner, (also called ‘square bet’ or ‘four number bet’) – Here it is a question of covering the possibility that 1 of 4 chosen digits comes out to actually win about a quarter of if you bet on a single number in full. You increase the possibility of winning, but here the payout will be 8X the stake.
- Bet on 5 numbers (or ‘five number bet’) – in American roulette there is also the possibility to bet on 0, 00, 1, 2, and 3. The profit is 6 X at the stake.
- In six (or ‘Six Line bet’) – If you place your chip at the intersection after 2 lines of 3 numbers, you cover 6 numbers, so as you understood, the probabilities that one of these numbers spell increases, but the payouts gradually decline from a full number. Here it is about a gain of 5 X the stake.
As a beginner, you don’t have to learn all of these names and rules of probability and payouts, and you can play on your own. The stack is also a visual aid at the start for knowing where to place your bets. However, even for a beginner, it is important to have a notion of the probabilities, and therefore of the associated gains.
The outside mixes cover the other betting possibilities that exist in a game of roulette. They are easier to win (or at least they have higher probabilities of coming out), but you guessed it, the payouts are smaller than with inside bets. We will list the different types of outside bets below, with the associated payouts. They are further broken down into single or multiple chances.
In multiple chances we find:
- Dozen (Dozen) – On the mat, we find combinations of 1-12, 13-24, and 25-36. A bet in these boxes covers 12 digits, and the payout is 2X the bet. You can cover even more numbers by making a bet on a dozen or even cover 24 numbers, the payout for this bet is ½ X the stake.
- Column – there is a place to place a setting at the bottom of each of the 3 vertical columns. You can also cover 24 numbers in columns, straddling 2 neighboring columns.
There are also several types of simple odds in outside bets:
- Red / Black (Red / Black) – all the squares on the roulette wheel are red or black (except for 0, which gives the casino a small advantage, more on this later). On the carpet there are red and black boxes that allow you to bet on the color of the winning number, red or black. The payouts are 1 X the stake.
- Even / odd (even / odd) – you can also bet if an odd or even number will come out. The payouts are 1 X the stake. You should know for this bet, the 0 does not count as even. The rule for most casinos, in this case, is this: if the 0 is rolled, there is no winner, but the bet remains ‘locked’ on the table for the next spin of the wheel.
- High / Low – You can also bet if the winning number will be in the lowest 18 digits or the highest 18. The payout is once again 1 X at the stake.
So now you know all the rules on betting at a roulette table. Outside bets clearly pay smaller payouts, but the odds of winning are almost 1 in 2, so it is quite interesting to make these bets, either on their own or in combination with other bets, full number type, etc.
At the end of a round, the dealer (human or virtual) announces the winning number, and the main winning combinations – for example, 8, black, even, and short (low).
He then picks up all the losing chips on the mat, and then proceeds to pay all of the winning bets, often in ascending order, so in this example, typically he will pay out wins on black, even, low first, then on dozens and columns, and after the winning inside bets, ending with players who would have bet in full on the number 8.
You should know that you can also place several tokens to have more chances of winning and that these tokens can all be winners, or conversely, some yes and others not.
We have a table that summarizes the different bets and associated payouts with examples below.
|Bet||Type||Numbers||Payment||Example (bet of 10 €)|
|In full||interior||1||35 to 1||€ 350 + € 10|
|On horseback||interior||2||17 to 1||€ 170 + € 10|
|Transversely||interior||3||11 to 1||€ 110 + € 10|
|In square||interior||4||8 to 1||€ 80 + € 10|
|5 digits||interior||5||6 to 1||€ 60 + € 10|
|In six||interior||6||5 to 1||€ 50 + € 10|
|Dozen||exterior||12||2 to 1||€ 20 + € 10|
|Column||exterior||12||2 to 1||€ 20 + € 10|
|Red Black||exterior||18||1 to 1||€ 10 + € 10|
|Even odd||exterior||18||1 to 1||€ 10 + € 10|
|Up down||exterior||18||1 to 1||€ 10 + € 10|
Notes on the table:
- Each time you collect and win, and your initial bet if you win.
- Although it is not essential to know the names of all the different bets, it is still interesting to have these payouts in mind. You will see that they often come close to the statistical odds of winning, but with the margin or advantage still in favor of the house, which we will look at below.
Which betting strategy is best in roulette?
Eventually, many roulette enthusiasts start to wonder how they can win more or more often, the best strategy to have. There is no magic system to win every time, but many experts advise for those who want to win money to make less bets that pay out 1 X the stake (too low winnings) and full numbers (too little probability of winning, even if the payout is large). Now if you want to play for fun and luck (and remember, this is a game of luck above all else), there’s nothing stopping you from making these bets. And above all, do not bet sums that you will not be comfortable losing …