When it comes to Gastric bypass surgery people have many misconceptions. It is always advised that people with only serious weight related issues, that cause them difficulty and pose a threat to their lives are the ones who should opt for this surgery. Although this is true to some extent because of the complications related with the surgery, nowadays many overweight women are choosing the surgery to feel confident in all their endeavors.
Being overweight or obese is a very serious issue. Not only does it drastically reduce your self image, it makes you shy and reclusive to the point of self harm. Listed below are the reasons why being overweight is a major issue.
- Complications during Pregnancy: Being morbidly obese can be very difficult for pregnant women. However getting pregnant if you’re obese is also very difficult. Pregnancy and weight do not not go hand in hand, hence doctors always advise that you must lose weight before you even try to get pregnant because it can cause serious complications for both you and your baby. There can be severe complications and to avoid it, it is suggested that you can either lose weight with exercise and a proper diet or you can undergo a gastric bypass surgery.
- Certain types of Cancer: It has been proven that different types of cancer, 1 in 20, in the United Kingdom are caused due to weight related issues.
- Sleep Apnea: Sleep apnea can also be caused due to obesity and it is extremely dangerous. When a person suffers from sleep apnea, his breathing repeatedly stops and then starts. This sleeping disorder is fatal and has been linked to obesity. In adults this is the most common cause of sleep apnea. What happens is, when you’re obese there is the formation of a soft tissue of the throat and the mouth. When a person sleeps, the mouth and the tongue muscles relax and this leads to the tissue blocking the airway, in turn leading to an irregular breathing pattern.One of the reasons people come for a gastric bypass surgery india is because of sleep apnea.
- Type 2 diabetes: This disease has been linked with being overweight and it has been proven that obesity accounts for around 85 percent of the risk for developing diabetes, especially the type 2 kind. When it comes to type 2 diabetes, the body makes an adequate amount of insulin but the cells in the body have become immune to the salutary action and the impact of insulin.
- Osteoarthritis: Obesity is connected to osteoarthritis. This is because when you’re overweight, your weight puts extra pressure on your joints and this can cause the early onset of osteoarthritis. Once it set in, it can be even more difficult to shed the extra kilos because of the extreme pain in the joints. Hence a gastric bypass surgery will help you with the process of weight-loss before any of these problems affect you.