Google Classroom is here to stay. It’s been widely accepted by many teachers in classrooms around the globe. So it should come as no surprise that this powerful (free!) tool has just gotten a large update packed with some of the most-requested features.
See Also: 10 tips for getting started with Google Classroom
In this update just pushed out to Google Apps For Education users, you’ll find a slew of handy new time-saving tools that will make your digital teaching and online learning time a bit more efficient. Here’s a roundup of the new additions you should know about.
New Features Just Added To Google Classroom
- It’s now easier to invite students with far fewer clicks to the Classroom Groups
- You can now mark digital assignments (homework hand-ins, etc.) as ‘done’ using a checkbox. Great for Google Drive users!
- Privacy and enhanced teacher settings let teachers have more granular control over the entire setup.
- This is a big one. You can now export all the grades earned in your Google Classroom with ease!
- A simple but useful update – you can sort the names of students by first AND last name now. Great time-saver you wouldn’t normally think about.